Vegan Collagen - What it is and Benefits
Before getting into the information of vegan collagen, first look at the collagen and its uses for our body.
Collagen comes from Greek work Kolla which means glue. This fountain of youth is a vital structural protein of our body that is mainly found in connective tissues. It is a building block for bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, and skin. It is the most plentiful protein of our body that is responsible for healthy skin’s elasticity and firm and strong joints. Collagen synthesis improves the elasticity and stretchiness of the body. About one-third of our body has a protein composition that’s why collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and keeps the body parts together.
Collagen is responsible to provide structure to body parts like bones, joints, and skin. Our body makes its own collagen by the collagen synthesis process and uses lots of amino acids. Basically, collagen supports the maintenance of ligaments, tendons, muscles, bones, nails, hair, and skin. If we take a healthy and balanced diet with enough protein, the body itself breakdown the protein into amino acid to make collagen.
Collagen has almost 16 types but these 4 most talked-about types of collagen are responsible for specific functions.
Type I collagen has 90% of your body’s collagen and it is found in bones, tendons, connective tissues, fibrous cartilage, teeth, and skin. It provides structure to all these organs.
Type II collagen is found in elastic cartilage and is made from loosely packed fibers that strengthen the joints.
Type III collagen is found in blood vessels, organs, muscles, and arteries.
Type IV collagen is found in skin tissues and layers of skin that help infiltration of the skin.
Collagen has many health benefits like;
- The presence of collagen enhances the elasticity of the body.
- It provides better density.
- Collagen improves the level of hydration in the body.
- The protein of collagen reduces stiffness and roughness.
- It repairs the joint and improves cardiovascular performance.
- The rich amount of Collagen in the body reduce joint pain and stiffness of rheumatoid arthritis
- It improves the health of skin, nails, and hair.
- Amino acid presents in vegan collagen help to build keratin for hair. Hair is made up of keratin so the body must have enough protein to maintain normal hair growth.
- Collagen repairs nail brittleness and improve the growth of nails.
- Collagen boosts muscle mass.
- It improves heart health, gut health, and brain health.
- Collagen also helps in weight loss.
With the passage of age, the body starts losing collagen and we started noticing so many issues with our body. Cartilage weakens with age because the skin produces less and weak collagen. For curing collagen loss we need to add an extra source of collagen to the diet by using nutritional supplements that are rich in collagen and protein. To enriching all the above benefits of collagen you are advised to add natural sources and supplements of collagen in your diet to fight against health issues in early and old age.
We can have collagen in the form of powder or supplements but they are mostly made from animal protein. This is a big problem for vegetarians if they want to improve body collagen. But need not worry because now there’s a solution for the vegetarian in the form of plant-based vegan collagen. It provides the same benefits as animal protein-based collagen.
Vegan collagen is all the rage now because it is the basic and foremost solution for structural support of skin, bones, eyes, and joints. It fortifies the skincare routine and enhances skin health by making it firm, healthy, vibrant, and youthful. Plant-based vegan collagen is found in powder form. This protein glow solution is crafted with organic plant-based protein and reviving superfoods to help support collagen synthesis.
Vegan collagen is also found in cosmetics products that have vitamin C like serums and creams. Vitamin C stimulates the collagen synthesis process and improves the full-body radiance by making skin nourished and healthy. For youthful skin, intake vegan collagen in the form of powder or collagen supplements. These collagen supplements have collagen protein which has been broken into amino acids and that’s called collagen peptides.
What you consume has a direct effect on your skin. So if you want to maintain the youthfulness of the skin, keep the collagen level balanced. Once it diminishes, the skin loses all its firmness and glow and becomes saggy and wrinkled.
Benefits of Vegan Collagen for Skin:
- Vegan collagen keeps the skin plump, youthful and stops it from being saggy.
- Anti-aging benefits are also being associated with vegan collagen.
- Collagen fibers in the skin make skin firm and vibrant.
- Vegan collagen promotes the appearance of skin by making it glowing and support body radiance.
- The antioxidant power in vegan collagen supports the circulatory system.
- It is also good for the growth of hair and nails. Collagen covers the brittleness of nails. It also helps to promote the healthy retina of the eye.
- Vegan collagen does wonders for your skin because it has a botanical powerhouse for skin health.
- Not just for the skin vegan collagen is also good for the brain, heart, and overall health of the body. It also helps support cognitive function.
- Vegan collagen supports healthy circulation and blood vessel health. The ingredients of vegan collagen are good for the heart too.
- The ingredients of vegan collagen powder or supplements have extra antioxidant power that protects cells and tissues from being damaged by free radicals and thus protects your skin by improving the texture.
- The use of Vegan collagen reduces the chances of allergic reactions because the risk of transmission of illness is high in animal-based protein.
- It improves skin health at another level that other animal protein-based collagen can reach its results.
- Vegan collagen supplements provide relief from muscle pain and improve joint health by strengthening the cardiovascular system.
- Vegan collagen boosts skin elasticity and helps smooth facial wrinkles and thus reduce age effects.
- Intake of vegan collagen stimulates the collagen synthesis process in the body and thus it provides certain benefits to the skin and overall body.
- Intake vitamin C-based fruit to strengthen the production of collagen in the body. Vitamin C will make the complexion fair and provide a glow to the skin that looks youthful and vibrant.
- Vitamin C-based vegan collagen powder or supplements boost the immune system and a strong immune system will surely help you to fight skin and body diseases and keeps the body healthy.
- Vegan collagen makeup products are also available for vegetarians so if you’re suffering from sensitive skin you may go for these products for the face.
More collagen means healthy, smooth, and fuller skin. So, if you’re suffering from a deficiency of collagen in the body then increase the intake of vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables, it will boost collagen production. Include raspberries, apples, oranges, guava, root vegetables, strawberries, and tropical fruits and reduce sugar intake. All these fruits and vegetables are high in collagen production, hyaluronic acid production, quercetin, amino acid, and vitamin A.
Never forget to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun that breaks down the collagen in the skin. You can also go for vegan collagen products available online which include supplements, powder, makeup products, serums, and creams, etc. These products provide the same benefits as like fruits and vegetables good for collagen synthesis. The right amount of collagen in the body will definitely enhance the beauty of your skin, the health of nails and hair, and improve the body’s strength. Last but not the least, get enough of your beauty sleep to rejuvenate skin cellular level and enjoy healthy skin and a healthy body.